Workshop registration desk: Warsaw
Warsaw (Warszawa) can be conveniently reached by plane, train, or bus. From the Warsaw Central Railway Station, the Warsaw Chopin Airport or the Warsaw Modlin Airport, please, come to the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Kasprzaka 44/52, 01-224 Warsaw, Poland. You will receive your Workshop materials there. Free lunch will be served to all participants in the Institute's cafeteria. Two busses will take us to the Żelechów venue of the Workshop.
Workshop location: Żelechów Palace
The Żelechów Palace Spa and Wellness Centre is located in a small town Żelechów, ca. 100 km East-South of Warsaw, at the Marszałka Józefa Piłsudskiego 36, 08-430 Żelechów. Time of travel from Warsaw to Żelechów is approximately 2.5 h, depending on the traffic. Please, be aware, that there is no convenient public transportation from Warsaw to Żelechów. That's why we are doing our best to arrange transportation for participants from the Institute to the Hotel.
If you would like to use bus transportation arranged by us, from the Institute in Warsaw to the hotel and back, it would be best if you land at the Chopin airport on Friday between 11:00 till 14:00-14:30. Regarding Tuesday, the bus should arrive to the Chopin airport between 15:30-16:30.
We encourage you to fill the arrival details form: https://www.smcbs2019.pl/arrival-details once you book your flight because we are willing to be flexible and adjust transportation schedule to the need of our participants.
Buses from Warsaw to Żelechów
For the convenience of participants there will be two buses to Żelechów departing on Friday, November 8, from the premises of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences
Kasprzaka 44/52, 01-224 Warsaw
- First bus will depart at 13:30.
- Second bus will depart at 16:00.
Buses from Żelechów to Warsaw
After the Workshop, an early minibus and two regular buses from Żelechów to Warsaw will depart on Tuesday, November 12:
- Minibus will depart at 11:15.
- First bus will depart at 12:00.
- Second bus will depart at 13:30.
Warsaw - Żelechów on your own
- Taxi: Żelechów Hotel can be reached from Warsaw by taxi but it should be arranged in advance, because the distance is 100 km. The taxi back to Warsaw can be arranged by the Hotel reception. The cost is around 400 PLN (100 EUR).
- Train: There is a direct train from "Warszawa Zachodnia" railway station to Garwolin city. Garwolin is 25 km from Żelechów, so it can be reached by taxi. Warszawa Zachodnia railway station can be reached by taxi as well, both from the Chopin airport as well as from the Central railway station. How to get to the Warszawa Zachodnia railway station by public transportation you can find out on this website: jakdojade.pl. The route works also for coming back from the Hotel to Warsaw. Train schedule is available here: rozklad-pkp.pl
How to get to the Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS
From the Chopin Airport
- Taxi: Taxi should cost between 35-40 PLN (8-10 EUR). The Institute is only 9 km from the Chopin Airport.
- Public Transport: Take the bus 175 (direction: "Pl. Piłsudskiego"), step out at the bus stop "Dworzec Centralny" and change for the bus 109 (direction: "Os. Górczewska"). Your final destination is close to the bus stop "Szpital Wolski".
From the Modlin Airport
- Bus/train: The Warsaw Modlin airport is located around 40 km outside of the Warsaw. To get to the Institute you need to take a modlinbus or train to the Warsaw Central Railway Station (travel will take about 40 min - 1 h). Then, you need to take bus 109 (direction: "Os. Górczewska") from the Central Railway Station ("Dworzec Centralny" bus stop). You can find more information on the Public Transport Authority of Warsaw website.
- Taxi: Alternatively, you can take a taxi from the Airport to the institute, however this can be quite costly.
From the Central Railway Station
- Taxi: Taxi should cost between 15-20 PLN (3.5-5 EUR). The Institute is only 3 km from the Central Railway Station.
- Public transport: Take the bus 109 (direction: "Os. Górczewska") from the "Dw. Centralny" bus station located just outside the Station. The Institute is located close to the bus stop "Szpital Wolski".